Denimsmith Jeans Straight Leg
These locally made jeans are based on classic American workwear and are made from a rigid Japanese 13.5oz cotton denim, which is designed to soften and fade with regular wear. See pictures in the gallery for the change to be expected with regular hard wear. They are a relaxed fit through the hips and thighs so will fit more loosely than a skinny or narrow leg jean. The inseam is long as they are designed to be worn cuffed once or twice with boots, depending on your height. They have a mid-rise front and back with a straight waistband, 5 pocket styling and button fly. They feature black metal hardware with vintage rivets and a mixture of natural coloured stitching as a contrast.
These classic straight leg jeans are made in Brunswick by Denimsmith, a hard-working family business making clothes in Melbourne for over 30 years.
If you must wash… machine wash cold and turn inside out.
Limited stock available. In the instance where the size is sold out there may be an 12-week waiting period while more stock is made. Please get in touch if you want to confirm sizing availability.
These jeans fit like most regular straight-legged jeans, so if you're typically a size 34" in your other jeans/pants, you should be the same in these. See the fitting guide below for more information. If the pictures are too small please see the blog post here: https://wootten.com.au/jeans-fitting-guide/
Model featured in gallery is 6 ft 6 and wears a size 38 jean and only cuffs the leg once as their legs are so long.
As the fitting graphic describes, this is how we've taken the measurements of the garment laid flat:
- Waist measurement is taken of the circumference of the inner waistband of the jeans.
- Hip measurement is taken below the pocket stitch of the jeans.
- Inseam measurement is taken straight down from the crotch seam to the bottom of the jeans,
- The thigh measurement is taken as a circumference of the outer garment about an inch below the crotch seam.
- The rise measurement is taken from the rear top centre of the jeans to the crotch seam.
- The hem is the circumference of the hem (eg: 8" laid flat multiplied by 2 for the circumference)